We are often asked to provide the Personal Representatives of an estate with initial advice. This is often where they have the time to deal with matters themselves; the estate is less complex and the Personal Representatives feel it is something they want to undertake without formally instructing a Solicitor.
We offer an initial one-hour fixed fee meeting at £250 + VAT to help you understand your responsibilities and obligations as a Personal Representative.
We will cover:-
- Confirmation of whether you may require of Grant of Representation and advice regarding that process.
- Confirmation of whether the estate will be liable to inheritance tax and advice regarding filing the relevant HMRC accounts.
- Advice with regards to the tax position of the estate for income tax and capital gains tax.
- Advice regarding potential claims on the estate.
- Protection of the Personal Representatives against personal liability.
- Practical advice in terms of dealing with the administration.
If the Personal Representatives later require further work to be carried out, as they do not wish to administer some or all of the estate themselves, further support can be provided at a cost of £200 + VAT per hour.