Dealing with the administration of an estate, when someone dies, can be confusing and bewildering. It’s a difficult enough time without being overwhelmed by paperwork and decisions that need to be made. Let us guide you through the process, taking away the worry from you and your family.
Our team can assist you in handing the administration of an estate, whether there is a Will in place or not. We can make you aware of all the legal implications of acting as an Executor of an estate and guide you through the process. If there’s not a Will, we can provide information about who can legally act in connection with the administration of the estate and who will benefit from the assets of the estate.
Where We Can Help?
Administering an estate is quite an involved process and there are many legal formalities that need to be considered. We can make it easier for you by dealing with some, or all, of the following matters:-
- Advising you on the process of registering the death
- Identifying the estate assets and liabilities
- Obtaining probate valuations of assets
- Preparing the legal paperwork needed to obtain a Grant of Probate
- Preparing and filing a HMRC account to account for inheritance tax
- Collecting in the assets of the estate and settling liabilities
- Ensuring that the estate is administered tax efficiently
- Accounting to HMRC for income due during the administration period
- Preparing Estate Accounts for beneficiaries
- Preparing income tax certificates for beneficiaries
- Distributing the estate in accordance with the Will or the intestacy rules (if there is no Will)
The service we offer is personal, efficient and aimed at making life easier at a difficult time.