Trusts are a complex area of law. We can help you through the complexity and provide advice on all aspects of trust creation and administration.
What We Can Help With
- Creating trusts through your Will or during your lifetime.
- Advice on the tax implications of the creation of a trust.
- Guidance of Trustees as to their role and responsibilities, including the management of funds and distributions.
- Preparation of annual accounts and trust tax returns for HMRC.
- Preparation of supplementary Deeds needed upon distributions from the trust or the retirement or appointment of Trustees.
- Winding up an existing trust.
Trust & Estate Planning
The use of trusts can be a good way for some individuals to protect valuable assets against the risks of divorce, bankruptcy, re-marriage and care home fees.
In many families, the largest asset is the family property. We can help you consider whether it would be worthwhile to sever the tenancy on a joint property to provide more flexibility in estate planning to assist in protecting the assets from a local authority assessment for nursing care fees or in a re-marriage situation. Sometimes these are called ' property trusts'.